Why the Choose the University of Worcester for Students Support?
About the University of Worcester
Renowned for its high-quality, inclusive approach, Worcester has expertise in a wide range of areas including health, education, business, and sport.
The university is located in an idyllic and exciting British city, steeped in history and offering a safe and welcoming culture.
There is extensive support for students throughout their time at university, from academic to welfare and financial to social.
The University of Worcester is known for its welcoming, supportive and friendly atmosphere, and for providing quality education. The university’s innovative approaches to gender equality, environmental sustainability, and creating educational opportunities for all are well recognized. Its graduates are very successful in securing jobs and go on to make a real difference in the world.
The University of Worcester has 10-15k students. And university gets an overall ranking of 84 out of 130 and with it, the university gets a subject ranking in the top ten. And you can contact Study in UK consultants.
- The International Welcome Guide app provides information and advice and is a forum for questions and chat.
- Social events and excursions to places of social or cultural interest continue throughout the year.
- The Language Center offers Academic English modules and individual support for General English and Academic Writing.
- Writers-in-Residence can help all students structure their written work and improve and increase their academic style.
- An international student adviser offers visa advice for students wishing to progress to the UK or travel during their studies.
- Online study guides and workshops to help you with courses, exams, and assessments.
- Personal academic tutors help students plan and assess their progress.
- Writers-in-Residence provides tutorials on all aspects of academic writing.
- Specialized individual educational support for students with disabilities.
- Active promotion of registration with a local GP, including pre-arrival counselling.
- Targeted health campaigns are conducted on all campuses throughout the year.
- Specialized therapy clinics (including sports rehabilitation) at the McClelland Centre.
- Health promotions and activities offered by the student union.
- Gym membership is included for all students living in university-run accommodation.
Mental health and Wellbeing Support
- Students can book an initial STAR appointment (support, triage, counseling, orientation), with additional personalized support.
- Workshops run by the counseling service and local NHS professionals help students manage their mental health and wellbeing.
- Regular informal “fancy a cuppa” support sessions are held with Pets As Therapy support staff and visiting dogs.
- All accommodation is wheelchair accessible and there are specific accommodations for students who have a family carer.
- The university has a wealth of experience in helping students with disabilities thrive.
- There is personalized support and information, including funding advice and assessments.
- Early induction and summer schools for students with additional needs, such as autism or visual impairment.
Scholarships and Bursaries
The University of Worcester is offering an early bird discount of £500 for applicants who pay the full tuition fee before their course start date. Additionally, applicants may be eligible for one of the following fellowships or fellowships:
- International scholarship: up to £3,000 per year, depending on students’ previous academic performance.
- Loyalty scholarships for families, siblings, and graduates are available.