Pregnancy is an important time for a woman. Women tend to go through a plethora of changes during this condition. Not only is the conception process important but healthy delivery of the baby is also necessary.
That is why according to the best gynecologist in Islamabad, here are some exercises that you need to know about if you want to increase your chances of normal delivery.
What are the Symptoms of Pregnancy?
Given below are some of the common pregnancy symptoms that you might notice if you are expecting a little one:
- A missed period
- Swollen and tender breasts
- Nausea or vomiting
- Morning sickness
- Frequent urination
- Tiredness and fatigue
Some less-known symptoms of pregnancy can be as follows:
- Light spotting
- Food changes in preferences
- Nasal congestion
Remember that strong and good pelvic condition is the key to a normal delivery. If you are suffering from pelvic pains or weak bone structure you might suffer from complications during pregnancy.
That is why doctors often recommend those exercises that focus on pelvic stretches and help your body to become healthy so that you can deliver a baby in the most healthy way possible.
Remember that this exercise is an easy one to start because it does not need you to become more attentive. All you have to do is grab a pillow and a ball.
- Stretch your legs and lay on your back
- Straighten your back and make sure that your feet are on the ground
- Repeat this same gesture at least 20 times a day
Angry Cat/Pelvic Tilting
Severe back pain and pelvic pain are some of the common pains that women have to endure during pregnancy. And if you are not giving two cents about this then C-sections might become very probable.
But the angry cat pose can actually help you with back pain. Let us learn the ways in which you can do this:
- Lie on your back with flat feet on the ground
- Flex your knees to an angle of 60 degrees
- Press your lower back against the ground and tilt backward. Now make sure to exhale
- Now relax your lower back. Tilt forward and inhale
- Make sure to repeat it much time
But in case you are exhausted, you can let it go after two or four tries. Make sure to consult with your doctor regarding all of this. Do not start all this, because someone told you to.
A highly recommended pose by a doctor for good spine strength and better health prospects is a cobbler pose. But pregnant women have to be extra careful with this one as this needs attention and patience on a more careful level.
A cobbler pose helps your pelvis to become more strong so that the body is able to deliver the baby through normal delivery. Keep in mind that the more strong the pelvic area the higher the chances of normal delivery.
Here is your guide on how you can do it:
- Breathe normally
- Sit on the floor in a comfortable pose. Straighten your legs with flat feet on the ground
- Slowly slide your feet towards your body and bend your knees
- Press the bottom of your feet and then slowly open them like a book
- Try to maintain this posture for a longer period of time
- Now lift your knees back and straighten your legs
- Repeat this exercise
A workout that is often recommended during pregnancy is this downward dog. This downward dog position is actually helpful for aligning the spine and strengthening the back that has been bearing the weight of another individual.
Whether you should opt for this one, will only be assessed by your medical healthcare specialist. They will first analyze your situation and then will guide you on the dos and don’ts of this one.
Here is the right way of doing a downward dog pose:
- First of all breath
- Then rest your burden on your feet.
- Bend forward
- Press both your fingers and palms on the floor
- Continue this pose various times
Can I Work Out During Pregnancy?
Yes, it is important for women to do some easy and doctor-recommended work out during pregnancy. This is mainly because of the fact that working out during pregnancy will lead to normal pregnancy and the chances of c-sections during pregnancy will be reduced.
Here are some of the basic tips that you can follow if you are interested in working out during pregnancy:
- Be mindful during these workouts. Don’t stretch your limits
- Make sure that your body is warm. Refrain from opting for a workout if your body temperature is low
- Stop if you are too tired to continue the workout
- Do not engage in high-intensity workouts they might burn your body