Vastu Shastra Tips – The kitchen is the most important room in any house which is why following traditional Vastu Shastra tips are also of utmost importance. You cook the source of energy for your body in this room, and even bond and socialise here for a while.
No wonder you must maintain a positive aura in the kitchen and ward away any potential negativity that could be warding in.
Vastu Shastra is an age-old tradition of combining the five natural elements of sky, air, water, earth, and fire with scientific architectural strategies to make your house even brighter and positive. There are different Vastu Shastra tips that you should follow in your kitchen to attract goodness.
If you are looking for the best Vastu Shastra tips for your kitchen layout and structure, then, this blog is perfect to help you out. Continue reading below to get answers to all your questions.
Kitchen placement according to Vastu
According to Vastu Shastra practices, it is recommended that your kitchen be placed in the southeast side of your house.
This is because Agni, the Hindu Fire God, resides in this direction, and fire is the main element that signifies a kitchen. Just in case you are unable to place your kitchen in the southeast direction, laying it out in the northwest direction is also recommended.
The only directions you must completely avoid placing your kitchen are the north, northeast, and west directions. Doing so will prevent stability in one’s wealth and health consistently in the future.
Kitchen ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ according to Vastu
Follow the following dos and don’ts in your kitchen according to Vastu Shastra practices.
- Ensure that the size of the kitchen is not less than 80 sq feet.
- The kitchen sink should be placed in the northwest part of the kitchen. The water storage units in the northeast side. Also ensure that no tap or water storage is leaking and repair it immediately if it does.
- The kitchen stove should always be placed in the southeast direction and the kitchen refrigerator in the south east, south, north or western direction.
- Maintain fullness in the rice container, and never keep it filled less than half the container. Along with rice, always ensure that the turmeric, salt, and flour containers are never kept empty. Replenish them before they even get over.
- The dustbins must never be kept in the northeast side of the kitchen beside water storage units.
- There must be enough ventilation and free flow of natural air in the kitchen. Ensure installing adequate windows in the eastern direction of a kitchen. If you want to place exhaust fans, then, see that they are placed in the eastern direction as well.
- You must keep your kitchen painted in bright colours, especially in white, yellow, light brown, or other pastel shades. Choosing dark shades such as black, grey, or dark brown is not recommended to be used in a kitchen.
- You must go for natural stones for your cabinets, slabs, and flooring. You can go for marble, granite, or quartz for a naturally balanced atmosphere.
- If you have someone living above or below your house floor, then, ensure that your kitchen is not placed directly above or below their toilets.
- Never keep medicines in any area of your kitchen.
- If you have trash cans directly inside your kitchen, ensure that they always have a lid on, and are never left open. Also, remember to throw the trash out every day, and clean the bins.
- Try growing herbal plants in your kitchen such as a bamboo, pudina, or tulsi plant. Avoid growing thorny plants like a cactus or aloe vera in your kitchen.
- If you keep fruits in your kitchen, always place them in the northern part of your kitchen.
- Try maintaining fresh smells in your kitchen. Never keep rotting food in your kitchen.
For more detailing on vastu shastra you can visit the www.decorchamp.com.
Not sticking to or overlooking the basic Vastu Shastra tips for the kitchen will not be beneficial for you in the future. If you want to live a calm and peaceful life. While simultaneously attracting financial stability and prosperity in health. Then, you must follow the tips mentioned above. If you want further help. You can contact a Vastu Shastra expert who can guide you in the kitchen Vastu journey even better.