For any business to grow, the availability of a proper storage area to carry out business activities is of the utmost importance. Businesses in most industries will always want an efficient and convenient way of doing business through which their supply stock is always meeting the present demand.
It is no secret that India is one of the fastest-developing economies in the world. However, as compared to other developing countries, India is not spending nearly as much as it should be. According to the World Bank, the logistics costs of India are one of the highest in the world. At present, they stand at a surprising 18% as a percentage of GDP. It can be said with surety, however, that the country has been making smarter investment decisions and expanding the number and reach of logistics parks in India in recent times.
One of the main reasons logistics parks are such an exciting and appealing prospect to businesses is that they can easily be customized according to your needs and operations. You have the option to choose from a wide variety of sizes and pick a location that is the most ideal for your business. Making a calculated decision will help you in growing and expanding your business, thus, opening doors that you may not even have imagined having existed before.
What are logistics parks?
An industrial estate created solely for the storage, control, distribution, and transfer of diverse items is known as a logistics park. Additionally, businesses based in logistics parks frequently use them to put together, package, handle, or manufacture goods. Businesses can use logistics parks to operate in and serve the neighborhood, regional, or global markets.
Such parks are usually located near transport facilities and are surrounded by plenty of highways and roads to facilitate easy transport. In short, logistics parks are areas that are for the specific purpose of carrying out certain industrial activities, including the distribution of goods which is carried by air, water or road.
Businesses operate through a logistic park for two primary purposes, which are managing and organizing their business operations. Through a logistics park, you can rest easy since the storage and distribution of your goods will be carried out efficiently throughout your lease.
Functions of logistics parks
There are several functions of a logistic park that provide great ease of operation to your business. The main goal of renting a logistic park is, at the end of the day, to put together a set system for the transportation and distribution of your goods from a specific warehouse. Here are some functions that you may want to take into consideration when considering renting a logistic park.
- Most logistic parks are located close to various modes of transportation that will easily help your goods reach the markets where they are supposed to be. An ideal feature would be that the park is connected to various modes of transportation, rather than a singular mode search that in case any mishap occurs, you always have a backup plan in store.
- Ideally, the best logistic park will be located close to several major ports and roadways. This is the purpose of connecting your distribution location to profitable marketplaces. Although this goes hand-in-hand with having excellent transportation connectivity, being located near the biggest seaports and airport is a different story altogether.
- All features and functions of a logistic park eventually add up to one main point, which is that these areas help businesses save immense costs and time, both of which are invaluable for a business at any scale.
Advantages of logistics parks
There is no better time to invest in a logistics park than in the present moment. This is because such areas are only expected to increase in value. Moreover, they offer numerous advantages. Some of these are as follows:
- Most logistic parks will come with modern and state-of-the-art facilities as well as equipment. They will have an efficient waste disposal system and plenty of storage space. Moreover, even your team will have several conference rooms and reliable CCTV coverage.
- Another advantage of such areas is the connectivity they offer to your business. Most parks will be located nearby to various modes of transportation, which directly facilitates ease of transportation and distribution of goods.
- Moreover, most logistic parks have made it a point to be as sustainable and environmentally friendly as possible. Therefore, they will make sure to allow only those businesses which consider the environment and discourage polluting substances.
- Logistic parks do create several employment opportunities, which help to strengthen the economy, and in turn, assist in the growth of the business. Thus, not only will they help provide ease of operation to your business, but they also create several employment chances and fill certain institutional voids.
- Yet another advantage of logistic parks, which is also perhaps one of the most attractive ones, is that such areas help save businesses a lot of money. With these areas, businesses do not have to invest a fortune to get effective ways to operate their distribution. Instead, by gaining access to logistic parks, they stand to gain numerous benefits at a much lower price.
Logistic parks are the latest, most efficient way of conducting business operations. Therefore, investing in logistic parks is the best decision to make, especially considering that they have a myriad of benefits to offer and barely any disadvantages. Take a smart decision and invest in these areas now to witness great growth and advancement for your business!