We are using smart speakers to make our lives simpler. It comes with voice assistants that make our work easy. There is a need to give commands for playing music and answering queries such as the weather and news. Amazon Echo devices are the leading smart speakers. We can easily manage them. Sometimes it shows that the Echo Dot offline. There are many reasons for this error. When our network connection is not working properly, it becomes a major cause of this error.
Ways to Fix Amazon Echo Offline
Users must resolve the Amazon Echo Dot offline. We can use these top ways to fix the problem instantly.
1: Restart the Echo Speaker & Router
There is a possibility that the problem is with the Wi-Fi router. We know that the Amazon Echo needs a fast and stable network. We must restart the router when the network is stable. There is a need to restart our Echo devices to check that we have connected them to the network and are back online.
2: Attach Echo Speaker with Amazon Account
We need to use an Amazon account with Echo speakers, so it works properly. We need to check that our Echo speaker is connected to the Alexa app. These are the major steps :
- We can open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Now we use the row at the bottom of the screen to navigate to the Devices tab.
- Here we tap on Echo & Alexa.
- Now the Amazon account displays a list of Echo speakers. We must check our device’s name on the list.
- If our Echo speakers are not on the list, there is a need to reset the Amazon Echo device and connect with the account again.
3: Place Echo Speaker Close to WIFI Router
The Echo speaker may not connect to your Wi-Fi network if we place it too far from the router. This can happen, especially if you place the speaker at the opposite and far end of the house from the Wi-Fi router. If you have a large apartment with multiple floors, there is a need to use a mesh Wi-Fi router.
4: Change the WIFI Network
With the Alexa app, we can connect our Echo speaker to a different network than the one we’re currently connected to. Changing the existing network’s password or SSID is a useful option if we change the password or SSID. Changing from a 5GHz to a 2.4GHz network is also useful. Let us review these steps.
- We can launch the Alexa app on our smartphones.
- Navigate to the Devices tab using the row at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the bottom of the screen, and click the Devices tab.
- Click on the Echo device. We prefer to connect to a different network.
- Here we tap on the setting icon located at the top right corner of the app.
- Go to wireless tap and check the existing wifi network list. Tap on the change button next to it.
- There is a need to follow all the instructions on the screen. Now we change the wifi network that’s associated with the Echo speaker.
5: De-register Echo Speaker and Re-Add
Using the Alexa app, we can register an Amazon Echo speaker to your Amazon account. If your Echo speaker is offline, we want to de-register it from your account and re-register it to see if that helps. Follow these steps.
- Here we open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the device tab.
- Tap on Echo & Alexa Setup.
- Choose the Echo device.
- Here we go to the settings icon. It is in the top right corner of the Alexa app.
- To find the Registered To section, scroll down the page.
- There will be your name on this portion.
- Next to it, tap the “De-register” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register the device again after selecting “De-register” in the prompt.
- It is possible to use the same Amazon account or try a different one to see if that solves the problem.
- These steps help us fix the Echo Dot offline.
6: Factory Reset of Echo Speaker
The last step to fixing the Echo offline problem is to reset Echo. The rest of the process of the Amazon Echo is simple, and it depends on the model. After this, the current error will be fixed properly.
Users can use the Amazon Echo device easily. They can instantly fix the Echo Dot offline error perfectly. Users must read all the instructions properly. It helps them resolve the error immediately and you can also call the tech expert.