The most difficult part of changing clothes is the moving process. How to pack clothes wrinkle-free, clean, and organized are the main issues with clothing during a move which creates a need for house cleaners hiring.
These are some suggestions and tips to make your move as simple as possible. If you are in Canada we can help you with your clothes moving and other moving needs, We are one of the best port hope moving companies.
Tips for moving your clothes
Step 1 – Choose what to wear
Don’t bring clothes that you don’t use. It is possible for clothes you used to wear in one city to be incompatible with the climate in another country or city. You can also get rid of old clothes or clothing that doesn’t fit well.
Donate all clothes that are in good condition, but not in boxes or bags. Donations can be made to specific organizations or containers.
Don’t forget to pack the clothes that you will be wearing during your move. You should have a few sets of clothes for moving day. Be comfortable, and consider the weather when choosing clothes.
You can also take advantage of this and leave towels, underwear, and pajamas at your new home so you can shower and relax the first night. You may need to wait several days to get everything settled in your new home. Keep an extra set of clothes handy.
Step 2 – Group your clothes to move
You can order the articles by:
- Material. You can avoid wrinkles by hanging them on hangers with a garment bag. Vacuum bags are a good alternative for wool clothes. They are lightweight garments but take up much space.
- Season. This will allow you to quickly find the right clothes and make sure you don’t forget about any other-weather clothes.
- Need. You will be able to locate comfortable clothes quickly if you have other formal clothes.
Step 3 – Pack your clothes
These are some tips to help you keep your clothes organized and wrinkle-free.
- Do not empty the drawers. Do not empty the drawers if you are moving the chest or dresser of drawers with you to your new home. If the chest or dresser is full of lighter items like socks or t-shirts you can simply wrap the drawers in plastic wrap so they don’t open.
- Closet boxes are great for hanging clothes. These tall boxes have a hanging shelf at their top. They are ideal for protecting your clothes from dirt and dust and keeping them wrinkle-free. These boxes are easy to use. Simply take your clothes out of the closet, and then hang them from the metal rod inside the closet box. Done! This is the only way to make sure that clothes don’t wrinkle in transit.
- Use suitcases. You will need to transport the suitcases to your new home so fill them with clothes.
- Wrap fragile or broken items with clothing. This is a great way to keep vases and other breakable items from breaking.
- Use vacuum bags or garbage bags. This will keep your clothes clean and dust-free. Vacuum bags are very useful as they can reduce the number of space clothes take up.
Contact Perfect Timing Moving for all kinds of moving needs.