Making samosas at home is easy with this recipe! You’ll need:
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup of water
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 tablespoon butter, melted
– 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
– 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
– 1 teaspoon ground coriander
– 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
– Oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and oil. Add water and knead to form a soft dough. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
2. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, baking powder, and butter. Set aside.
3. In a large pot or deep fryer, heat oil for frying.
4. To make the filling, in a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the potatoes until they are soft and lightly browned. Add the onions, cumin seeds, garam masala powder, coriander, chili powder, and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes more. Stir in the cilantro leaves and remove from heat.
5. To assemble the samosas, divide the dough into 12-16 pieces. Roll each piece into a small circle.
6. Cut each circle in half, and then shape each half into a cone. Fill with 1-2 tablespoons of the potato filling, and then seal the edges with a little water.
7. Fry the samosas in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup. Enjoy!
Making veg samosas at home is easy with this recipe! All you need is some potato, onion, peas, Methi, salt, oil, and Maida.
You can either fry or bake your samosas, depending on your preference. Serve them hot with chutney or ketchup for a delicious snack or appetizer.
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1/2 cup warm water
-2 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
-1 small onion, finely chopped
-1/4 cup green peas, cooked
-1 teaspoon cumin seeds
-1 teaspoon grated ginger
-1 green chili, finely chopped
-1 1 teaspoon Methi
First, take a large bowl and mix together the potato, onion, peas, Methi, and salt. Then, take small balls of the mixture and flatten them out.
Next, heat oil in a frying pan and fry the flattened balls till they are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
Your veg samosas are now ready to be served! Enjoy with ketchup.