UGC NET is one of the most renowned and prestigious national-level eligibility exams. Every year lakhs of students appear for this examination to become an Assistant Professor and JRF.
This makes UGC NET exam one of the toughest exams to crack, but with the right strategy and approach one can crack this exam in one go.
Here in this blog, we are going to cover all the important topics and aspects of how to study and crack UGC NET Computer science and application exam.
UGC NET Computer Science Eligibility Criteria
The first question which comes to the mind of any candidate is, “Is he/she eligible for this exam?”. It is very important to know about the eligibility criteria before appearing for the UGC NET Computer science and application exam.
To appear in the UGC NET Computer science exam the candidates must have completed their Masters’ Degree or Equivalent Degree within the following percentage criteria:
- For the Unreserved Category, one must have secured at least 55% Marks.
- For OBC/SC/ST/PWD/Transgender, one must have secured at least 50% Marks.
UGC NET Computer Science Syllabus and Exam Pattern
A syllabus is part of any preparation strategy; one can see the details of UGC NET complete Syllabus in our blog.
The questions in UGC NET Computer Science and Application exam are asked from the following topics –
- General attitude
- Teaching aptitude
- Higher education system
- Discrete Structures and Optimization.
- Computer System Architecture.
- Programming Languages and Computer Graphics.
- Database Management Systems.
- System Software and Operating System.
- Software Engineering.
- Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Theory of Computation and Compilers.
- Data Communication and Computer Networks.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The exam pattern of UGC NET Computer science and application is below and total duration of exam is 3 hours. There is no negative marking in the exam.
|Paper||Marks||No. Of Questions|
|I||100 marks||50 questions – Common for all|
|II||200 marks||100 questions – Subject specific|
How to study for UGC NET Computer Science and Application Exam?
If you are appearing for the UGC NET Computer Science exam, here are some tips on how to prepare for the same effectively:
It is very important to collect and prepare from the best of resources commonly known as “Study material” for UGC NET Computer Science and application exam. One should always prepare from the latest and genuine study resources to boost the preparation. Eduncle provides you with UGC qualified teacher’s prepared best study material for your preparation in this UGC NET Computer science exam.
Well written study material will provide you with genuine, updated notes which help you to clarify your concepts and logic by covering the entire syllabus.
Correct Strategy and approach towards preparation of any exam can do wonders. Candidates must follow the comprehensive strategy if they want to crack UGC NET Computer science and application exam. Following are the tips which help you to streamline your strategy
- Firstly, make sure that you are well-versed with the syllabus for the exam. This will help you identify the topics that need more attention from your side.
- Secondly, Categorize the topics according to your understanding of subjects. Starts from the easy topics which you can cover easily and quickly.
- Thirdly, Solve previous years’ questions papers and mock papers. Solve as many practice questions as possible to get the hang of the exam pattern and types of questions asked in the exam, this will give you an idea about the level of this exam and its pattern.
- Fourthly, create a study plan and stick to it. This will ensure that you cover all the topics in a systematic manner and do not miss out on anything important.
- Fifthly, Prepare your own notes. When you read any topics, note down the key points related to the topics. These notes are also helpful when you do last-minute revisions.
- You won’t mix the topics that are not a part of your syllabus.
- It will help you to start with the topic that you can complete faster.
Time management is a key to success. Ask any topper they will give credit to Time management. You need to start preparing early so that you have enough time to cover all the topics properly. Make your own timetable and firmly stick to it. Don’t forget to give proper time to Paper I – which is easy and scoring if you prepare well. Below we are giving you some tips for proper time management-
- Take small breaks after studying for 2-3 hours, this will help you to refresh yourself and re-energize yourself for another session of study.
- Divide your time smartly on the basis of your strengths and weaknesses. Do not spend too much time on easy topics but give proper time to difficult ones.
- Cover all subject areas like OS, Networking, Data Structure, Algorithm Analysis and Design, C, C++, Java, LINUX, Microprocessor, System Software, Graph Theory, Applied Mathematics, Software Engineering and Computer Graphics by giving proper time according to the difficulty levels of subjects.
- Time management will give you an idea how to approach questions during the actual exam.
- With proper time management you can cover the wide syllabus of UGC NET Computer science and application exam within the time.
Practice and Revision:
“Practice makes a man prefect” – an old quote but still relevant now. Practice can make anyone perfect by helping in finding the short comings during revision and by practicing mock and previous year papers. Practice Previous years questions from UGC NET Computer science exam and analyze your shortcomings and work on them.
Also, do not forget to revise everything before appearing for the final exam, this will help you to retain the key points more accurately and help you during the exam.
- Practicing mock and previous years paper will offer the real look and feel of the actual examination.
- Practicing mock questions of UGC NET Computer science exam will give you a more accurate understanding of important topics that can be asked in the exam.
Other Important Tips:
- Stay motivated.
- Work on your weakness.
- Stay updated regarding pattern, new notification and syllabus from our website of Eduncle.
With these tips in mind, we are sure that you will be able to crack the UGC NET Computer Science exam easily with a good score. All the best!