Brother printer is offline as well as Brother printer is in an error state are among the most frequent issues that users face. This usually happens when the printer and the computer system cannot communicate or connect. In many cases, the overheating or overloading of Printers may cause the printer to be in an error state. Brother Printers in Error State may be due to low levels of ink as well as paper jams or outdated driver software for the printer.
We have collected easy and reliable solutions to solve issues with Brother Printer problems. Users can shut off their printer and turn it back on after a few minutes, and the power cycle is the most common remedy for the Brother Printer offline fix. You can use the troubleshooting tips instructions here to fix Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline problem.
- 1 Repair Brother Printers Showing Offline, and the Brother Printer not working for Windows 10?
- 2 Find a solution Brother printer which is showing offline. Brother Printer in an Error State for Mac?
Repair Brother Printers Showing Offline, and the Brother Printer not working for Windows 10?
Check Printer Connection:
Users should verify whether or not the brother printer and PC are correctly connected.
These are steps for checking the printer’s connectivity with a computer’s help.
- Start your printer from scratch.
- Check that the printer and computer are connected by using a USB cable.
- Use a different USB cable to connect your printer and computer system. The device cannot connect if it has an infected USB cable.
- Ensure that the computer and printer are on the same network if you use a networked printer.
- The light from the wireless connection on your printer from Brother is steady and bright when you have the perfect Wireless connection.
- Print the test.
Make the Brother Printer as the default Printer:
Users can choose to set the brother Printer as their default printer to prevent Brother Printer Offline error. Windows users can follow these steps to configure the Brother Printer to be the default Printer within their system.
- Log into Control Panel->Hardware and Audio.
- Select the Printers and Devices.
- Right-click your printer from your brother and select the option to set it as default within the context menu.
Restart Printer spooler services:
Users can follow these steps to start the Printer spooler’s services.
- Use the Windows key and R on your keyboard to open Run’s dialog.
- Type services.msc within the Run command box.
- Find Printer Spooler in the service list.
- Click on Printer Spooler and choose”Stop” in the context menu.
- Go to the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS from your file explorer.
- Remove all files that are in the directory for printers.
- Once more, right-click the Print Spooler services in the list of services and choose the option to start.
- Then you can set the start type for your Printer Spooler Services to automatic.
Make sure your printer is looking for Paper Jam.
Most users have encountered brother printers in an error state due to paper jams. Users can follow the instructions to get rid of the printer’s jammed paper.
- Switch off the printer unit. Remove the power cord out of the switch.
- Find out if there’s paper jammed between the rollers of the printer.
- Access the rear of the printer, and then check whether paper is stuck.
- Remove all particles of paper from the rear of the device.
- Shut the rear end on the printing device.
- Connect the power cord to the switch and turn on the printer.
- Check the print quality by giving it the print instruction.
Manually configure the printer online.
Users can set up the printer of their brother online to resolve the printer’s offline Windows 10 error. These are the steps you need to follow to enable your brother’s printer to be online.
- Click on the Start tab and Control Panel>> Devices or Printers.
- Select your printer’s brother icon in the dropdown menu to view printers.
- Select the printer tab on the main menu.
- Select the option Use the offline printer in the contextual menu. This will bring the brother printer into online mode off of offline status.
- Check the printer for errors.
Updating The Brother Printer drivers
The corrupted or obsolete Brother printer drivers could lead to the printer’s error state. The users should update their driver for their printer by following the steps below.
- Select the Start icon, then select the Device Manager.
- The print queue can be expanded on the Device Manager screen.
- Right-click on your brother’s printer’s name in the section Print Queue, and choose Update driver within the context menu.
- Choose Search automatically to find an updated driver software selection.
- Then the system will detect and update the driver software on your computer.
This procedure could take just a few minutes. Users must be connected to the internet to update the driver of their printer. Users can also visit the official website of brother printers to update the driver software.
Find a solution Brother printer which is showing offline. Brother Printer in an Error State for Mac?
Printers using Brother may experience issues due to incorrect configuration settings or outdated printer drivers for Mac. Users should also examine the connectivity of their printer papers, connectivity, and ink cartridges to correct the printers in error on Mac. Here are the essential steps for troubleshooting a Brother printer issue on Mac.
Set Brother Printer as default for Mac:
If more than one printer is included in the system, users must select the printer of the brother as their default printer. These are steps required to accomplish the same.
- Select the Apple Menu> System Preferences.
- Click on the option for Printers and scanners.
- Make sure that the Brother printer will be the primary printer for your system.
- If not, users should choose the default setting in the contextual menu.
Find the status of your printer:
Brother printers show offline status when we pause the printer’s operation for any reason. Users should restart the printer after a pause to correct the problem.
- Open the preferences of your system from the Apple menu.
- Select your printer’s brother icon from the list of printers.
- Click on the available print queue.
- In The menu bar, users can view their printer’s status and then tap the restart or resume printer button.
Reinstall the Brother printer
Users can install the printer again on Mac to resolve the brother printer’s error state. Users can follow the steps below to install the printer.
- Click on the Apple menu, then go to the system’s preferences.
- Click on the brother Printer icon.
- Then, on the left, Click on the+] button to remove the printer from your brother.
- Then the user has to be patient for a couple of minutes.
- Click”+” to install a printer to Mac.
Reset printer brother in Mac:
Resetting printing settings on Mac is the ideal option when an error occurs due to updates in printing settings. The users can reset the brother printer settings for Mac with the help of the following steps.
- Visit the Apple menu> System preferences, scanners, and printers.
- Users can browse the list of printers that are available on display.
- Right-click on any space on the left side of the panel.
- Select the option to reset the printing system in the contextual menu.
It resets all printing settings, and all drivers for the printer are deleted from the computer. Customers can obtain the most recent driver for their printer on the official Brother printer site.
We hope this article can help users resolve brother printer error state problems on Windows and Mac. The article is available, and if you encounter issues with your brother printer is offline and is not working on Mac. Users can connect with us with any additional questions.