How Long Does a Canon Battery Take to Fully Charge?

If you’re a photographer, you might be curious about the lifespan of your Canon camera battery Lens Sharp. I was curious as well, so I performed a simple test to investigate an approximation of the time it takes a Canon camera to recharge the battery.

Then I understood that most of you might also be interested in learning about it. I am posting my review here as a result. I examined the charge and drain times of several Canon cameras, along with the LC-E6, LP-E6NH, and E6N. The outcomes will be shared here.

Battery Size And Capacity

The quality and capacity of the battery have a significant impact on the charging time. Naturally, a larger capacity battery will take longer to fully charge,  Lens Sharp whereas a smaller capacity battery will fill the space in a shorter amount of time.

Battery Capacity

  1. Temperature atm (°C/°F)
  2. Charge Duration (Hours Min)

Overall conclusion, it takes a standard Canon battery about 120 minutes or 2 hours to fully charge at ambient temperature, while the exact amount of time depends on the adapter, the capacity, Lens Sharp the condition, and the temperature of the battery.

It takes about 4 hours to fully charge a Canon battery at the optimal temperature of 6°C to 10°C, or 43°F to 50°F.

Performance Of The Battery’s Recharging

Li-ion battery runtime decreases over time. The battery capacity and charging circumstances, such as temperature, have an impact on power usage.

Consequently, these batteries’ internal resistance has grown as a result of degradation. As a result, a battery’s time to full charge may be extended. Additionally, if the battery seems to be more damaging and cannot be properly recharged, it will fill up even faster and deplete faster.

Technique For Charging

The way of charging affects how long it takes to charge. For instance, the battery will charge faster if you use a regular Canon charger. The camera’s power will take more time to charge if you use a reduced charger as well.

It also relies on how well-made the connection is. Fast charging will be facilitated by elevated cables, and conversely. Additionally, let me warn you that wireless charging is slower than wired charging if you’re using one. The fact is that the charge controller will change if you use an alternative charger.

Assume you are LP-E6NH battery recharging at normal temperature. It will charge the device if you use a conventional charger.

Battery Capacity That Is Still Usable

The battery’s supplying for charging also affects the charging pace. The battery will charge more quickly if it is between 10% and 20% charged. And from the other side, if the battery is 90% full, it will take far longer for the remaining 10% than it will for the first 10%.

Prevailing Temperature

You probably already know that your smartphone’s battery life decreases significantly in cold weather if you use a telephone. This is a result of Li-ion batteries rather than just a feature of smartphones. The temperatures in the area have an impact on all of these batteries.

These batteries’ manufacturers companies recommend a temperature range of 20 to 30 degrees Celsius. The temperature can range from 20 to 30 centigrade, however you should keep batteries at a temperature between 68 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit (20 to 26 centigrade).

To get back on track, the ambient temperature has an impact on how long a battery takes to charge. The Canon LP-E6N took two hours and ten minutes to fully charge at room temperature when I tested it with a Canon LC68 charger.

Second, it took 2 hours and 8 minutes to fully charge the identical battery when charging it at a little higher temperature, which is 2 minutes shorter than when charging it at room temperature.

Despite the fact that charging increased speed as temperature rises, I do not advise doing this on purpose since it will harm your battery. It harms the battery and shortens both its life and capacity. The camera’s battery can be totally demolished by high heat.