nternational Baccalaureate Curriculum is the best option for your child to create a solid foundation for future education and overall development. Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (IB PYP) is for the children to kindle their love for learning and make them more capable of handling real-world issues. The IB curriculum allows students to share their experiences with peers, teachers, and staff worldwide and grow in a multicultural environment. IB programs help the students discover the world beyond their classroom and provide them with the appropriate aid to become responsible world citizens.
What is the IB, and How Does it Function?
The International Baccalaureate has been introduced with the aspiration to support and engage children in an educational system beyond the language and culture barrier.
International Baccalaureate offers the IB diploma program (IBDP) to educate children and help them enter renowned universities. This program creates curious and ardent learners who are respectful and considerate of other people and their cultures.
More than 5000 schools in more than 150 countries worldwide have embraced the IB curriculum for their students. In addition, this curriculum is well received among the top-notch universities worldwide. International Baccalaureate was established in 1968 with the joint effort of Geneva International School, United World Colleges, and United Nations School.
If you’re looking for an all you can eat sushi resort, look no further than these five destinations. Each of these resorts offers a variety of sushi rolls and other Japanese cuisine options. You’ll be able to indulge in your sushi cravings without ever feeling over-stuffed or guilty.
The ten core values which the IB curriculum focuses on are:
- Skilled and knowledgeable: They will learn to explore everything around them.
- Inquisitive: The students will develop a love for learning new things and will be asking more questions.
- Communicators: They will learn to interact with people in various languages. They will learn to articulate their opinion more confidently.
- Intellectual: The students will be supported to think critically and channel their creativity and power of comprehension more intellectually.
- Receptive: They will be able to consider and cherish different people from different cultures with different opinions.
- Righteous: They will be honorable, respectful, and conscientious towards every step they take.
- Adventurous: Being resilient and courageous will be intrinsic to their characteristics. They will explore new ideas and spread them among others with determination and mindfulness.
- Empathetic: They will be compassionate towards society and its people.
- Thoughtful and contemplative: They consider their learning experiences and assess and understand their strengths and limitations.
- Balanced: They will have a well-stabilized mind, which will lead them to achieve greatness and contribute to the welfare of society.
In an International Baccalaureate curriculum, pupils, teachers, alums, and other supporters work harmoniously towards making the world a better place.
What is IB Education?
IB education concentrates on international relationships, diverse cultures and their people, and the overall prosperity of this planet.
Students are trained and supported to handle environmental issues, governance, rights, developments, disputes, and cooperation.
There are various learning communities under IB education, which help students learn about multiple cultures and languages.
IB programs aid students learn via experiences. It encourages them to research and experiment more to initiate their entire learning process. To learn more about the course structure and Singapore private school fees, continue reading.
Some particulars about the IB education are:
- A productive perspective toward learning and teaching
- Student-centric approach
- Learning with an affinity to international relevance
The IB Subjects
The heart of the IB programs consists of,
- Theory of knowledge: The idea of education and knowledge.
- Extended essay: A well-researched and independent unwritten piece consisting of 4000 words.
- Creativity, activity, and services: A well-researched project by the student will interweave the idea of creativity, activity, and services.
Students can choose six subjects from the subject groups mentioned below:
- Language Acquisition
- Studies in language and literature
- Individuals and Societies
- The Arts
Reasons to Choose the International Baccalaureate Curriculum for your Children
- IB bolsters the students with an international mindset
IB provides the students with an environment that makes them appreciate the world’s diversity and culture. It initiates versatile learning experiences like classroom discussion, learning different languages, and sharing travel experiences to offer the students a picture of this diverse world and harmony under all these diversities. Nurturing an international mindset is essential to prepare students for the future, especially those who want to apply to different universities worldwide.
- IB curriculum transforms the students into passionate learners and great writers
IB curriculum inspires the students to be independent thinkers. Inquiry-based learning helps them think critically and find solutions after proper research and analysis.
- IB provides an in-depth learning experience
Students under the IB curriculum become meticulous and attentive learners. They become experts in skills like time management, critical reasoning, and creative problem-solving. Many schools in Singapore have made education simple for ex-pats. The Singapore private school fees are affordable and worth the education provided.
- Students gather experience beyond the classroom
The IB curriculum encourages students to participate locally and internationally in order to share their experiences in both spheres. They often encourage to participate in programs like climate change actions, trash cleaning, and so on to help their community and learn about people.
Research and learn more about the International Baccalaureate Programs and the schools that have embraced the curriculum. It can help you choose the best IB school for your child.