- The e-commerce market worldwide will reach US$ 55.6 Trillion by 2027. (IMARC Group)
- Canada has secured a tenth position in the global e-commerce growing country hierarchy. In 2021, the country’s e-commerce sector had generated a whopping $35 billion. (E-commerce-DB)
Earlier, when the e-commerce concept came into existence, it was all about creating an online supermarket for people.
But, technological evolution, DevOps interference, and shifts in customer demand have fueled the metamorphosis of e-commerce businesses. And a DevOps company Toronto is providing the support for this change.
The history of the e-commerce business kicked off the ground almost forty years ago.
However, a lot has happened since the first e-commerce business got launched. It is now among the most successful companies around the globe.
Similar to the other countries, in Canada, the e-commerce sector is also growing leaps and bounds.
- In Canada, e-commerce sales will hit $79.80 billion by 2022 and $104.77 billion by 2025. (Emarketer)
- In 2021, Canada boasted around 27 million e-commerce users. The number will grow by 77.6% in 2025. (International Trade Administration)
Hence, e-commerce tycoons and startups must revamp their business operations to enjoy a fair share of the e-come market growth.
DevOps always comes to the center in terms of overhauling business operations.
While developing e-commerce apps, companies can leverage DevOps.
Moreover, the e-commerce sector is also struggling with multiple challenges. Besides remodeling the business operations, DevOps is the one-stop solution to stand against those challenges.
Here, we will discuss,
- The present Canadian e-commerce business challenges
- What benefits does DevOps implementation shower on Toronto app developers?
So, let’s get started.
Challenges Of E-Commerce Businesses
Following are a few dominant challenges running through the e-commerce sector in Canada at present.
Coping With Technologies
- Every year a new technology hits the popularity button.
- After AI-driven chatbots, smart search, AR shopping experiences, metaverse shopping space is knocking at the door.
- E-commerce companies in Canada have to cope with the new advanced technologies and remold their business offerings.
- Many times, they find it challenging to integrate the latest technologies into their business operations and offerings.
Shifts In Customer Expectations
- The lightning changes in technology have significantly altered the customer’s experience and expectations.
- Being a customer-centric sector, e-commerce companies find it challenging to meet their constantly shifted customer expectations.
- For instance, shoppers these days like to navigate the e-commerce app everywhere, from PCs and tablets to smartphones. In terms of screen size, pixel resolution, Etc., these devices differ from one another. On the other hand, customers expect the same online shopping experience across all devices.
- It is a little bit daunting to align all these expectations.
Data Store and Process
- Like any other businesses in the dynamic digital landscape, e-commerce companies generate an extensive amount of daily data.
- E-commerce business owners require a seamless way to store, manage, and process all their business and customer data.
- Unless they process the customer data, how would they make business decisions in the future?
Warehouse maintenance is another challenge e-commerce companies are facing these days.
It has become difficult for them to manage
- Product return and refund
- Tracking which products are flying off the shelves and which are not.
- Which products are out of stock, Etc.
So, on one side, Toronto app developers find it difficult to amend, enhance, and deploy the existing software with the least number of bugs. On the other hand, e-commerce decision-makers require additional technological resources to cut off their business pressure and expenses while gaining a competitive edge.
Once e-commerce companies embrace DevOps practices, overcoming these hurdles will become a piece of cake.
How Can E-Commerce Businesses Leverage DevOps
Through the following ways, DevOps implementation can help e-commerce companies to bit the challenges and thrive in the scenario.
- Developers have to upgrade their e-commerce websites frequently.
- The process involves frequent deployments.
- DevOps integration will bring continuity to the deployment process.
- With or without any human intervention, DevOps will make the deployment of the codes relentless.
- DevOps promotes automated testing to the deployment process.
- Automated testing ensures glitch-free deployment of codes.
- It helps e-commerce businesses to offer their customers a remarkable user experience.
- Consequently, e-commerce companies get consistently positive reviews from their customers. It makes their online reputation stable and robust.
No More Struggling with Department Barriers
- The most significant benefit of DevOps is that it breaks down the walls between IT development and business operation teams.
- DevOps integration brings a collaborative approach to the business process.
- As a result, website development and deployment become fast and less effortless.
- Moreover, When two teams collaboratively accomplish their tasks, the e-commerce project will definitely succeed.
Effortless Data Storage
- DevOps implementation also allows e-commerce companies to store large data efficiently.
- Service meshes and cloud databases are the latest DevOps practices that enable developers to build cloud-agnostic infrastructures.
- Businesses then easily avail of cloud storage services like AWS, Azure, Etc.
Assured Customer Satisfaction
- No doubt, DevOps’s primary goal is to facilitate production and refine e-commerce product delivery.
- The relentless deployment and delivery ensure customer satisfaction.
Bringing Innovation Faster
- With an automated business operation management system, employees can save time which they can spend on bringing new innovative ideas on the platter.
- Moreover, with DevOps, e-commerce business owners can deploy innovative solutions faster than ever.
- Businesses can upgrade new features on their e-commerce websites to stay ahead of the competition.
The seamless interlink between the development and business operation teams improves the quality of products and the rapid release of new updates.
Additionally, DevOps fosters a culture of agility. The advanced DevOps practices enable e-commerce businesses to stay bright in the crowd, accelerating their e-commerce product and update releases. Partner with a reputed DevOps company Toronto to roll out features and updates to your customers with multiple frequencies.