Sometimes Printer users face trouble in printing documents. When you are using the Epson printer, it shows some technical or mechanical errors. Epson printers are mostly used printing devices in homes and offices. The Epson printer is offline, the Epson printer not connecting to Mac, Epson printer error codes, and more technical errors have been faced by Epson users.
One of the most common issues in Epson printers is black ink printing. If you give the command to print color to the Epson printer, but it prints all colors except black ink.
If your Printer has a full black cartridge, but the printer won’t print black colored text and their Epson printer prints blank pages only.
When the Epson printer printed blank pages, printer users got frustrated and decide to replace the current printer. Replacing a printer is not a permanent solution because it is a common error and can appear in the new Epson printer.
Do you know Why your Epson Printer is Not Printing Black? First, you need to know the causes of the Epson printer not printing Black Ink. Once you know the reasons behind the Epson printer not printing black issue, then you can easily resolve the issue.
In this blog, we completely guide the causes and solutions to fix the Epson printer not printing black issue.
Why is my Epson Printer Not Printing Black Ink?
The Epson printer does not print black ink issue can be caused by various reasons. When its nozzle or print head is clogged, then your Epson printer printing blank pages. Apart from this, there can be many other reasons for Epson printer not printing black color.
• When black ink is not available in the printer
• The Epson printer does not detect the ink cartridge
• When the printer nozzle or print heads are blocked
• Outdated printer driver or firmware
• When the waste tank is full
• Printer spooler services are not working
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Epson Printer Not Printing Black
Once you understand the reasons behind the issue Epson printer not printing black when the ink is full. Without wasting time, let’s start the troubleshooting steps to fix the printer not printing black issue. Follow the step-by-step guide to resolve the not printing black issue.
Step 1: Basic Troubleshooting:
Sometimes simple printer restart can resolve the issue Epson printer not printing black color issue. Start with basic troubleshooting steps:
• Turn off the printer
• Unplug from the power source and disconnect USB cables as well
• Wait for 5 seconds and then reconnect your printer and plug it back in
• Now turn your printer back on
• After that check the estimated ink levels of your printer cartridges. If it’s empty or low, then fill it or replace it.
• Also make sure the printer setup is correct.
Step 2: Check Your Ink Cartridge:
When your Epson printer not printing black ink, you need to check your printer ink cartridge level. Check the printer ink cartridge level using the below steps:
• If your ink cartridges are low or empty, then replace them with a new ones.
• Make sure ink cartridges are properly installed in the printer
• Double check that you have removed the tape over the cartridges when you installed a new one.
• If your printer does not recognize the old cartridge, then uninstall the old cartridge and reinstall the new cartridge.
Step 3: Clean Printer Print Head:
Epson Printer is not printing black while the ink cartridge is full of ink. In that situation, you have to clean the print head of the Epson printer. When the print head is probably jammed or clogged with the chunk of ink, then the Epson printer cannot print in black colors.
Clean the Epson printer print head using two ways:
• Automatically clean the Print head
• Manually clean the Print head
Automatically clean the Print head:
Epson printers have a built-in cleaning function, to clean the printer print head using the cleaning cycle. Follow the steps to clean the print head automatically:
• Go to the home button and click on setup and then click on the maintenance option
• Choose the print head nozzle from the given list
• Check if there are gaps or faded lines, then select clean the print head option and continue.
Manually Clean the Epson printer Print head
Clean the ink cartridges and print the head manually using the paper towel method. Using the lint-free cloth and warm water to clean the print head and cartridges.
Step 4: Clean Printer Nozzles:
If your printer print head is working fine, but the Epson printer doesn’t print black. That means the issue may be in printer nozzles. Check the printer nozzle, it might be jammed because of dried ink. So you need to clean up the nozzle and then retry to print the documents.
Step 5: Replace the Ink Cartridge:
Sometimes users cannot print black ink due to the damaged or out-of-ink cartridge. If it is then replace the damaged ink cartridge with a new one and then try to print something in black ink. It should be working now.
Step 6: Clear the Waste Tank:
When too much ink gets into the print head, your head stores it in the waste tank. When the waste tank gets full, you might have printing issues. In this situation, you have to empty the waste tank of the printer, and then try to print the documents.
Step 7: Reboot the Print Spooler Settings:
Sometimes the printer cannot print black text due to issues with the print spooler settings. The printer spooler settings do not respond on computers. So you need to reboot them and then try to print the documents. Follow the steps to reboot the print spooler:
• Open the RUN box
• Type services. MSc
• Press the Ok button
• Click on the print spooler
• Press the restart button
Step 8: Reset the Epson Printer:
If the issue printer not printing black pages still persist, you need to reset the printer. Sometimes simple restarting may resolve the issue.
The Epson printer not printing black when the ink is full, you need to clean up the print head and nozzle. Also, follow the above steps to fix the Epson printer won’t print black issue. In case you need any help to fix the issue, then contact Epson printer experts through Free live chat.