Leh-Ladakh is among the most exquisite places in India. It has a serene and beautiful view and is rightly called “India’s own Moonland”. Amidst the epic Himalayas, it is a heavenly destination to visit, on the east of Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh is home to red-robed monks and intricate murals, Tibetan Buddhist monasteries, whitewashed stupas and prayer flags. It is a land like no other, where a man sitting in the sun can have sunstroke and frostbite at the same time. Inhabitants of Ladakh are very homely and welcoming to tourists. It is a great playground offering various adventurous activities giving adrenaline rushes. The mountains, mesmerizing lakes and beautiful scenery in the backdrop make it a wonderful tourist place. Its culture is majorly Tibetan and adds charm to the region. There are several glaciers in Ladakh, like the Gangotri glacier. Due to its high altitude, ranging from 3000m in kargil to 8000m in Karakoram, Ladakh is freezing throughout the year. Leh’s landscape provides various adventurous activities like white-water rafting, trekking, mountaineering,etc.
Sustainable Trips with Shared Taxis
Shared Taxi provides you with an authentic and reliable local ladakh experience, being local travelers from Ladakh, we make sure you have an authentic experience and do not miss out on any part of its beauty. Traveling in Ladakh can be a costly affair if not planned properly, the wise decision is to contact travel agents in Ladakh beforehand and plan your trip in a pocket-friendly way. The taxi charges in particular are quite high, this hurdle can be solved through shared taxi services that will take you to all major tourist destinations. So, don’t let your tight budget hold you back from exploring the beautiful lands of Leh-Ladakh. Each destination is unique and the trip is planned accordingly by keeping the requirements of every traveler in mind. Shared taxi services help to rejuvenate Ladakh’s fragile ecosystem through sustainable tourism.
What is Ladakh Famous For?
- Monasteries- the famous Monasteries in Ladakh belong to the Buddhists, in particular the Tibetan sect. The Spituk Gompa is one of the most famous monasteries found on top of the hill which is renowned for its beautiful carvings. Hemis Monastery is another famous monastery that is adored by tourists.
- Zanskar Valley- another famous spot is where the rivers Indus and Zanskar converge as the Indus river flows down into Pakistan. Every season brings out a different color in the river and it should definitely be witnessed. The water shines even more with the brown mountain valleys in the background.
- White -water Rafting- the ideal time to visitLadakh is in summers between july to august, during that time the roads are not covered in snow and tourists can experience the very famous sport of white-water rafting, it is a must-do for all the adventure loving people out there. It is done on the Great Canyon of India, that is the Zanskar river which has high cliffs.
- Gurudwara Pathar Sahib- is worshiped with great devotion by thousands of people. It is extremely famous and was made in Guru Nanak’s memory. It is located around 25km from Leh, on the Leh-Kargil road.
- Nubra Valley- is a beautiful valley with a unique landscape which offers camel rides. Some other tourist spots such as the monastery of Diskit, Nubra and Shyok rivers are also found in Nubra Valley.
- The Pangong Tso Lake- it is a surreal lake located on the Indo-China border. Tourists visit this place for camping and bonfires.
- Magnetic Hill- many tourists have stated that if a vehicle is left there with the brakes unlocked then it slowly starts to move uphill without any support. The scientific reason behind this has not been discovered yet but it remains a phenomenal mystery and worth witnessing.
- Hemis National Park- is the largest national park in South Asia and home to several endangered animals, including leopards, Eurasian brown bear, Tibetan wolf and Asiatic Ibex.
- Camping and Trekking- Ladakh is famous for its mountains and valleys. Tso Moriri, Stok Kangri, Chadar and Markha valley are among the top-notch places to experience camping and trekking.
Traveling in Leh-Ladakh
It is advisable to book a shared taxi service to travel around the state. Booking in advance ensures a hassle-free trip and a memorable vacation in Ladakh. Choosing shared taxi services is the right choice to make because of its reasonable prices and well-maintained vehicles. Safety is of the utmost importance and the drivers are licensed and reliable. Being localities, they ensure you have the best authentic experience and get a taste of everything Ladakh has to offer. Shared taxi services are also ideal for people traveling solo or in small groups, this way the cost of the trip is reduced as well as its carbon footprint. Finding like-minded travel enthusiasts is the cherry on top of all the other benefits, ensuring a wholesome experience and an unforgettable trip.