Pamper your face at home and clear the dark spots and blemishes. Now you need not take appointments at your local spa and salon. Steam your face in your home, when you get time. Facial steamer with essential oils is not a fad (well, not anymore), but an easy and affordable way to take care of your face. Performing steaming on the face has its own benefits, but by adding essential oils to the steaming water the benefits multiply manifold.
Steaming your face with facial steamers is easy to do. And, with Gya Labs essential oils online store, one can get essential oils for skin health, best suited for your skin type. Facial steamers with essential oils can be done anytime you have 30 minute to one hour spare time. It is a simple DIY way to get good skin, mitigate the daily wear and tear, and get younger looking skin.
Now, which essential oils would you choose? It is better to be well-informed about essential oils for face and skin so that you do not waste time scrutinizing the hundreds of essential oils at your disposal. Choosing the right oil for face steaming is imperative for the entire procedure to be effective.
Best Essential Oils For Face Steaming
We will look at the benefits of steaming the face, but first let’s look at the essential oils that you should try for a glowing skin.
If you have dry skin –
A few lucky people may experience dryness of skin only during certain times of the year or in certain seasons. But, some unlucky people may have dry skin because of genetics and improper sebaceous gland functioning. Here are some essential oils for dry skin type –
· German chamomile essential oil has an ingredient chamazulene which moisturizes the skin and has a soothing effect.
· Sandalwood and frankincense essential oils are used by those who have dry skin, but who also want to restore the youthful look of the face. These oils have antioxidant properties that restore the elasticity of the skin, thus giving it a radiant look.
· Lavender essential oil has been used throughout history for its positive effect on the skin. The oil soothes any inflammation of the skin and regulates the secretion from the sebaceous gland. It repairs the skin and replenishes moisture, making the skin look supple.
If you have oily skin –
What is the opposite of dry skin? Yes, oily skin. Lying at the other end of the spectrum are the people bothered with oily skin type. This skin type is due to the presence of overactive sebaceous glands. Excess oil on the skin/face becomes the breeding ground of acne causing bacteria. So, what triggers the sebaceous gland to release more sebum? The answer is climate, age and hormones. Now, essential oils are good for taking care of excess oils on the face. Yes you put oil on the face to take care of the oil on the face.
· Rosemary essential oil has antiviral and antimicrobial properties that eliminates microbes from the face and prevents acne. It also removes excess oil.
· Clary sage essential oil for oily skin has geranyl and linalyl acetate which inhibits excess oil secretion. This is a popular aromatic oil for controlling sebum.
· Geranium and juniper essential oils are known for stopping acne breakouts on the skin and in maintaining uniform skin tone.
If you have sensitive skin –
Oils that have a nourishing effect must be used on sensitive skin. The oils must also have a soothing effect. Some of those oils are –
· Peppermint essential oil has menthol content that has a cooling and thus soothing effect on the skin. It also eliminates microbes from the skin, thus lowering the risk of acne.
· Sandalwood essential oil is known to be effective on all skin types. The sandalwood paste has been in use for skincare since ages.
· Lemongrass essential oil may be a controversial pick here, but it has antifungal and antimicrobial properties that remove microbes from the skin thus preventing infections.
9 Face Steaming Benefits
Now, let’s look at the benefits of steaming the face as a part of skincare routine.
· It cleanses the face. The steam and the resultant sweat open the pores and remove the dirt and toxins from the face. Steaming the face with water gives the skin a glow, then imagine how effective steaming face will be when the water is mixed with therapeutic essential oils.
· It eliminates microbes. Essential oils with antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties eliminate acne causing pathogens from the skin.
· It soothes the skin. The experience after face steaming can only be described as soothing, refreshing and relaxing. The mere thought that steaming has cleansed the skin brings a positive vibe.
· It improves blood circulation. The warmth from the steam increases the blood flow towards the face. The blood flow nourishes the skin.
· It removes sebum. When you press the face gently you can see sebum coming from the pores. This trapped sebum is easily released by the steam and essential oil mixture. It also loosens the blackheads.
· It relieves sinus congestion. Face steaming with certain essential oils is helpful when one has colds, cough, flu or congestion in the nose or throat.
· It is easy. Face steaming is very easy to do. All you need is a face steamer, essential oils and hot water and 30 minutes of free time.
· It is affordable. Face steamers and essential oils are not expensive and affordable. Furthermore, a face steamer can be used as long as it is not damaged, and a bottle of essential oil can be used for many months.
· It increases skin’s absorption. The opening of the pores makes the skin permeable allowing the skin to absorb other skincare products easily.
How to Use Face Steam
Here we will talk about how to face steam with a steamer. You can also use a glass bowl; avoid anything plastic.
- Wash your face with warm water, preferably with a mild cleanser.
- Pat the face dry.
- Take two cups of water and boil it.
- Pour the water into the face streamer.
- Add the essential oils as per instructions or as suggested by an aromatherapist.
- Place a towel over your head and cover the opening of the streamer.
- Steam the face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pat the face dry.
- Use a clay mask to remove dirt from your face.
- Rinse the face
- Pat the face dry.
- Apply skin toner. If you do not have skin toner, apply diluted lemon or apple cider vinegar.
- Moisturize the face.
These are the simple steps to face steaming for glowing healthy skin. You can use different blends of essential oils.